Sunday, July 13, 2008

Bio-Rhythmic Cycles - I got curious about bio-rhythmic cycles & wanted to try out the the results on my life.

For those who don't know what bio rhythmic cycles are, here is explanation:

The theory of biorhythms claims that one's life is affected by rhythmic biological cycles, and seeks to make predictions regarding these cycles and the personal ease of carrying out tasks related to the cycles. These inherent rhythms are said to control or initiate various biological processes and are classically composed of three cyclic rhythms that are said to govern human behavior and demonstrate innate periodicity in natural physiological change: the physical, the emotional, and the intellectual (or mental) cycles. Others claim there are additional rhythms, some of which may be combinations of the three primary cycles. Some proponents think that biorhythms may be potentially related to bioelectricity and its interactions in the body


I wrote a sample application in swing, which basically takes the date of birth as input & generate the charts.


Here is the sample screenshot, I used JFreecharts & some Date manipulating APIs to create above application. BTW is there any way I can show applet in this blog? Please let me know.

The results were interesting, Most of the events in my life had some kind of correlation with the above graph & explanation:

Physical cycle - 23 days; coordination strength well-being

Emotional cycle - 28 days; creativity sensitivity mood perception awareness

Intellectual cycle - 33 days; alertness analytical functioning logical analysis memory or recall communication

I also tried correlate our god Sachin's best innings with these cycles & surprisingly, cycle behaviour used to match with his best time :-)

Anyway I will try out with some other important figures before coming to conclusion these cycles have any impact or it's just a humbug. BTW, I am little skeptical about all astrology stuff.

So I am planning to develop a RESTful sample as well sample mobile application accepting date of birth & generating the charts possibly using Google charts instead of Jfreecharts

No comments:

Bookmark and Share